ADSENSE HERE!Wandering Definitions:
Moving from place to place without a fixed plan; roaming; rambling: wandering tourists.
- Cognitive impairment (disorientation, difficulty remembering and memory).
- Emotional (depression).
- Excessive stimuli from the environment.
- Lasts all day.
A woman, 62-year-old was found wandering, not be able to remember the people (neighbors, saleswoman) and the events that happened in the previous weeks.
The patient reported that the stress because she was arguing with her husband. She said that she did not plan wandering. Only instinctively move from one place to another.
1. Safe Wandering
Definition: Safe, socially acceptable with no visible that cognitively impaired.
- The patient is able to move without hurting themselves (1-5).
- The Patient were able to demonstrate that the activity has a goal (1-5).
- The patient wants to go home (1-5).
2. Acute confusion level
Definition: The severity of disturbances in consciousness and cognition that develops in a short period of time.
- Patients did not experience disorientation place (1-5)
- Patients did not experience disorientation people (1-5)
- Patients experienced a decline in memory impairment (1-5)
The ability to restore cognitive function and reported previously stored information.
- Given the close information accurately (1-5)
- Given the information just accurately (1-5)
- Given the information that the information is accurate (1-5)
1. Reality Orientation
Definition: introduce / increase patient awareness regarding personal identity, time and the environment.
- Using a consistent approach when interacting with patients.
- Inform patients about the people, places and times as needed.
- Preventing patients frustrated by giving questions related to orientation can not afford missed.
- Provide a physical environment that remains and planned daily routine.
- Approach the patient with slowly and from the front.
- Using a calm approach and not rush when interacting with patients.
- Speak slowly, clearly and corresponding volume in patients.
2. Medication Management
Definition: Facilitation of safe and effective use of prescription and over the counter drugs.
- Determine and regulate the drug is needed in accordance with the protocol.
- Monitor the effectiveness of treatment modalities.
- Monitor patient adherence to treatment regimens.
3. Family Involvement Promotion
Definition: Facilitating family participation in the emotional and physical care of patients.
- Identification with family members about the patient's difficulty coping.
- Inform family members about the factors that may increase the patient's condition.
- Encourage family members to keep or maintain a good relationship with the family.