Sometimes gastritis develops after major surgery, traumatic injury, burns, or severe infections. Gastritis may also occur in those who have had weight loss surgery resulting in ribbon or reconstruction of the gastrointestinal tract.
Cause of chronic gastritis is infection with bacteria, primarily Helicobacter pylori''''. Certain diseases, such as pernicious anemia, chronic bile reflux, stress and certain autoimmune disorders can cause gastritis as well.
The most common symptom is abdominal upset or pain. Other symptoms are indigestion, flatulence, nausea, and vomiting.
Some people may have a feeling of fullness or burning in the upper abdomen. A gastroscopy, blood test, complete blood count tests, or stool tests can be used to diagnose gastritis. Treatment includes taking antacids or other medications, such as proton pump inhibitors or antibiotics, and avoiding hot or spicy foods. For those with pernicious anemia, B12 injections are given.
Nursing Diagnosis - Acute Pain related to Gastritis
Acute Pain related to inflammation of the mucosal lining of the stomach (gastric)
- Pain is reduced with no inflammation or irritation of the gastric mucosa.
- Pain scale is reduced
- Do not feel pain in the epigastric
- Not grimace (no abdominal tenderness)
- Record complaints of pain, including the location, duration, intensity (scale of 0-10)
- Review the factors that increase or decrease pain
- Give food a little but often as an indication for patients
- Assistive range of motion exercises active / passive
- Provide frequent oral care and comfort measures (back massage, change of positions)
- Give medication as indicated
- Pain is not always there but if there is to be compared with the previous patient's symptoms of pain, which can help diagnose the etiology and occurrence of bleeding complications.
- Assist in making the diagnosis and therapeutic needs.
- Have the effect of neutralizing acidic foods, it also destroyed the womb gaster.Makan little gastrin prevent distension and output
- Lowering joint stiffness, pain minimizing discomfort.
- Bad breath because tertahanya oral secretions cause no appetite and can increase nausea. Gingivitis and dental problems can increase