Nursing Diagnosis Interventions for Appendicitis: Risk for Infection
Risk factors include:
- Inadequate primary defense, perforation / rupture of the appendix; peritonitis; abscess formation.
- Invasive procedures, surgical incisions.
- Monitor vital signs noticed fever, chills, sweating, mental changes, increased abdominal pain.
- Do a good hand washing and aseptic wound care. Provide complete care.
- See incision and bandage. Write down the characteristics and wound drainage / drain (if included), the erythema.
- Provide appropriate information, be honest with the patient / parent close.
- Take for example the drainage when indicated.
- Give antibiotics, are as indicated.